Leadership Roane County
Leadership Roane County is a program that is co-sponsored by The Roane County Chamber and Roane State Community College. The 31-year-old program seeks to develop informed leaders who will be active in community life and who will support a volunteer program dedicated to the positive growth of Roane County. The program objectives are:
The Leadership Roane County program offers classes over an eight-month period, which are built around topics such as leadership skills, city and state government, economic and industrial development, quality of life/environment, health care, education, and the law. Participants have the opportunity to visit with state and local leaders and to tour local businesses, government offices and educational institutions. The class always completes one or more service projects, which often have a lasting impact on the community.LEADERSHIP ROANE COUNTY WILL BE ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2019 LEADERSHIP CLASS SOON.
- To develop a common understanding among leaders of the broad issues facing the county
- To create a relaxed, neutral environment for problem solving
- To provide an opportunity and information base for thoughtful study relating to some of the compelling concerns of Roane County residents
- To create a forum in which significant dialogue can develop between present and future leaders
- To develop a sense of total community among the various constituencies in Roane County
- To form a network of committed and trained leaders who can collectively encourage and support each other in community service
Leadership Roane County Class of 2017 with Representative Ron Travis, Marilyn Calfee, Representative Kent Calfee, Governor Haslam, and Senator Ken Yager.